Anyone here use Seachem Flourish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sam180

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 75g with some live plants and, with the tank not being near any windows for sunlight, am looking for something to help them out. Is this product worth the money?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What plants? Sure.. all plants can benefit from a little added nutrition..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have an Amazon sword, 2 Anubias and 3 Wisterias

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use the Flourish Comprehensive. I also have anubias and swords, and I use this in addition to the tablets you put under the gravel (also Seachem). I use the liquid a day after every water change, and I replace the tablets every 4 months.

The only plants that you have that really care about the liquid ferts is the anubias and they are such a slow grower that it doesn't really matter tbh.

The rest are root feeders.

The only plants that you have that really care about the liquid ferts is the anubias and they are such a slow grower that it doesn't really matter tbh.

The rest are root feeders.

Ahh okay, so I should just save my money and skip it altogether?

Ahh okay, so I should just save my money and skip it altogether?
It wouldn't hurt to use, especially if you plan on getting some more plants. But its not gonna make a huge difference. I would worry more about getting ahold of some quality root tabs. The ones sold in stores are pretty junky.

It wouldn't hurt to use, especially if you plan on getting some more plants. But its not gonna make a huge difference. I would worry more about getting ahold of some quality root tabs. The ones sold in stores are pretty junky.

Good to know, thanks. The ones I have used start disintegrating immediately upon entering the water. Do the higher quality tabs hold together any better or are they all like that?

Depens on the tabs you use. I currently know of two different root tabs that I would rely on.

First is a diy root tab using osmocote plus or another similar time release fertilizer. I did a write up on these root tabs a while ago here on the forums if you are interested.

Second is ru tabs from peabodies paradise. These are made primarily with clay.

With a tank this size you should use dry fertilizers and save lots of money. Liquid ferts cost 10x the price, and it's not like you can't mix some powder and water yourself.

Back
Top Bottom