Anyone know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madmike10000

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an 8 inch tilopia he now he has this slightly redish pink soar on the right side of his face. He eats normal and hia fins are out and his color is good. Its just worrying me. I cant even treat it because idk what it is
Temp 78
Ph 7.2
Amm 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate under 30

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1428095583588.jpg
    1428095583588.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 135
the best thing you can do at this point(without knowing exactly what you're dealing with) is to keep your water as clean as possible. test your parameters and do frequent water changes to make sure your fish has the best chance of healing. is there a chance he injured himself on something in the tank? i'd keep the water changes up for a few days and see what happens. if it's still a problem you'll have to do some research to try to find the proper treatment options. good luck.

Update its still there and has gotten slightly worse over the last 2 months. Still is very active has a big appitite like normal. I just want it to go away idk what to do. You can see it bulging out on the side of his face

Attachments

• 1434177706093.jpg
    1434177706093.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 113
I have looked online everywhere i dont see anything like this. Water levels are still good
0amm
0nitrites
25ppm nitrate
7.0-7.2ph

Have you checked out Lymphocystis?
Lymphocystis — and immune systems. We act sometimes as if the only viral disease of tropical fish were Lymphocystis, known since 1927. Lymphocystis is an iridovirus that causes a single infected skin or fin cell to swell into a white warty nodule that's so large we can't avoid seeing it with the naked eye. Quite often Lymphocystis affects a fin, perhaps with a single white cyst, perhaps in a cluster that's often described as cauliflower- or raspberry-like.

Taken from

The Skeptical Aquarist

Thank you! But Do you think this will take his life soon. This is my pet here. My favorite fish actually.

Some fish live with it seemingly without issue I believe?
I believe there are different "levels of infection",and although some do die from this ,some also are covered with it as they are "more" infected.
Here is a pretty informative link;

FA181/FA181: Lymphocystis Disease in Fish
Do you think it is limphocystis after reading up and looking?

I looked that over i dont think he has that virus. The link says he will cure withing a couple weeks this has been months and no other fish have it

I know your nitrates are low but because you are working with trying to heal him I would try to keep it under 20. I know that's not a huge difference but I believe it will help speed things up.

I can tey but its hard i do 50% changes a week and can barely keep it at .25

I use a water changer and have to do an 80% every 5 days on my 55 with my 11" hybrid. That keeps it maxed at 20 and drops it to 5. I'm going to move him to a 75 in august in hopes to extend it to weekly.

Back
Top Bottom