anyone know where to find one of these bad boys?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
wow. i think this is one of the coolest looking synodontis catfish i've seen. they're called synodontis alberti...i'm sure they're pretty rare

Synodontis%20alberti.jpg

krap101 said:
imo most lfs's dont really know scientific names, except the special few.

I was thinking he could just ask around using the common names. Even if the LFSs know he scientific names they're usually wrong.

bad thing about common names is that theres often a few fish with the same name.

Syno's are territorial to some extent, unless they are social species like petricola or multipunctatus. They tend to pick a spot and chase other fish out, but most aren't aggressive toward other species of fish. I've kept Syno's for years w/no problems with other fish. In a 55 containing an angilicus, a eupterus, and several decorus, they occaisonally argued, but no real damage was done. They got along fine with the other residents.

The two things I've experienced with Synodontis species after years of keeping them is that they are usually very nocturnal and very territotial. I've had synodontis that won't leave a decoration that they've claimed even when I've pulled it out of the tank and they are faced with death. Also, I've seen that same fish listed under several differrent species names even though right now I can't remember exactly what names those were.

Back
Top Bottom