Anyone own golden wonder panchax/ killifish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolyptRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have over a dozen of these guys because I breed them but I was surprised to see the Lfs had them listed as rare and other sites had them under oddballs. Does anyone else own these and would you say they were a rare or odd fish?

PolyptRus said:
I have over a dozen of these guys because I breed them but I was surprised to see the Lfs had them listed as rare and other sites had them under oddballs. Does anyone else own these and would you say they were a rare or odd fish?

I have owned them they're not rare but are oddball. This is because in the wild the way they live is odd type into YouTube panchax or killi fish in the wild and you will see what I mean. They basically live in holes in the ground made by elephants etc. the elephant treads in the ground makes a ditch the. When it rains it fills up with water and in the soil there is a dormant killifish egg been there for some time and its reactivated into life by being submersed in water it hatches lives in the ditch for a little while until the river near by fills up then it flips and jumps into the river finds a mate fertiles the eggs she lays them then the river dries up and the fishes eggs are littered around the area until the rainy season comes again. This makes them an odd species certain colours are rare also hope I've helped :)

Back
Top Bottom