Anyone used Aquarium Cotton Sponge Biochemical Filtration Pads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larougeraven

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an Aqua Clear 50. I use generic sponges, but the ones I used to buy from eBay don't seem to be around any more. I used to get 12 for like $15. But now the only ones out there seem to be 6 for $11. I was hoping that maybe I could find a cheaper alternative and saw Aquarium Cotton Sponge Biochemical Filtration Pads. But I have never used anything like that before and hoping for some advice.

Sponges will last 5-10 years. No need to throw them out. You want 10/20 ppi sponges in your filter or just simple pot scrubbies will last forever. Just don't clean your filter all the time. Only want to clean the sponges with a quick rinse under water every 4-6 months.

I've had my filter for a few years, the original sponge was tossed a long time ago. I try to use the sponges for as long as I can. The pack of 12 I've been going through i bought Spring 2018. I gave some away and down to 3. I guess it would probably just still be cheaper in the long run to buy the 6 pack since it will last me much longer.

Thank you. I've been in the habit of cleaning them when the water starts to slow out the filter fall. But that's good to know. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom