Anything at all I can put with my crawfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmay33

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an electric blue crawfish that is extremely aggressive. He's in 10 gallons right now, as he was very very small when I got him. I do intend on moving him up to something bigger. When I do that, is there a chance I could put something with him that lives at the top of the water? Not sure since Rosy Reds are his absolute favorite! I attached a few pictures of my boy. Didn't mean to use the flash the first time. Lol.

Attachments

• image-2713121724.jpg
    image-2713121724.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1780869494.jpg
    image-1780869494.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 61
Also, are there any tricks to maybe introducing another crawfish?

Hmm...I bet in a larger tank you could get away with hatchet fish since they stay very close to the surface from What I've seen.

I've never owned them so I can't say whether they venture into the lower levels of the water column in a tank they're comfortable in, or not

I will give it a try when he is in something larger. Maybe if I get a tall aquarium I will have a better chance?

The only primary top dweller I can think of is a very aggressive African butterfly Fish lol, but as far as adding another crayfish they'd need about 50 gallons to themselves anything less really they will fight each other to the death so I wouldn't do it

Back
Top Bottom