Anything that would kill only male Boesemanis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredmertz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone know what would cause three males to die (they all turned yellow, then died within a few days of each other) that would not effect the 2 females (or any tankmates) at all?

I want to add some males back, but am hesitant until I can figure something out.

Thanks!

Don't have boesemanis, will soon though. It's usually a general rule to have more females than males. In your case, I would expect the 2 females to be stressed and pestered possibly to death. I can't help you man, sorry!

It was the males that died! I thought 3 males/2 females was an OK ratio.

IRS definitely unfortunate. Almost sounds like a fight club....... And we all know the one rule about fight club rofl

Had the same prob

If any body can figure this out... I had a similar problem where I lost 2 male Boesemani's. I had a third Bos that was about to die (not eating, barely swimming, gasping for air at the surface). :(

I took him out and put him in a 10 gallon QT. He isn't happy in there, and has gotten Ick, but other than that, he has regained his strength, and is swimming normally again. Once the Ick clears up, I plan on reintroducing him back into my 55. :fish2:

FYI - I had 2 males and 1 female (that was all the LFS had at the time). All water readings were normal, and no other fish have been affected before or since.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom