API Master Test Kits - ON SALE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twoapennything

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just an FYI - the API Master Test Kits are on sale at Amazon.com, both Freshwater ($19.99, regularly $29.99 - $32.99) and Saltwater ($18.99, regularly $32.99). I didn't check shipping costs, but if the shipping costs are reasonably low, then this might be a good deal for you. My PetSmart sells these kits for $32.99, so getting two for around $40.00 is a bargain for me. Anyhow, just passing this along. ETA: The Aquarium Systems Ocean Reef Master Test Kit is also on sale for $57.74, normally $84.99.

Last edited:
thats a pretty good deal, although one of my lfs sells them for $19.99 every day (no shipping :) )... thats one of the best prices ive seen online. Thanks for sharing for everybody to see ;)

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

I think that about sums it up. :D

Awosme deal, too bad i just bought a test kit like a week ago. Darn you world.

That's cheaper than the average LFS. However, the shipping from that particular Amazon associated store (AbsolutelyPets) charges $5.65 for shipping on top of the $19.95 (not sure about tax). The best deal that I came across is from Walmart.com: Save money. Live better. (LINK) for $17.65. If you choose the site-to-store shipping, there's no additional charges other than the applicable sales tax pertaining to where you live (in my case, about 19 bucks out the door). It took about a week from when I ordered it to when it was ready for pick-up. One thing to note, the test kit on walmart doesn't show that it is an "API" test kit (in the description and in the picture). However, based on reading the reviews on the walmart site, I found out that it is indeed an API kit (the one that say 800 tests on it). Sure enough, when I went to pick it up, I can confirm it's API (the same one that runs $30+ at Petsmart & Petco)!

Here's the actual product that I got from walmart :)
img_1072687_0_c7d578f69dfc449b54bfee3192754703.jpg

Thanks!!

I think I paid around $28 for my API kit.... although that was back in 2002. I just buy replacement solution for the kit when it expires, or I run out.

I just buy replacement solution for the kit when it expires, or I run out.

I was wondering if you could just buy replacement solution - where do you buy it? I haven't checked for it at the big stores (PetSmart, PetCo), but can you get replacement bottles there, or at WalMart? I'm so glad to hear that you can get replacement solution - less glass and plastic recyclables that way!

I was wondering if you could just buy replacement solution - where do you buy it? I haven't checked for it at the big stores (PetSmart, PetCo), but can you get replacement bottles there, or at WalMart? I'm so glad to hear that you can get replacement solution - less glass and plastic recyclables that way!

I got my last nitrite & nitrate replacement kit from Petco. $4 ea! :grin:

Not so lucky on the ammonia kit... well sorta $7 at Petco online.

That's cheaper than the average LFS. However, the shipping from that particular Amazon associated store (AbsolutelyPets) charges $5.65 for shipping on top of the $19.95 (not sure about tax).

I was thinking that it's too bad the kits weren't eligible for Amazon Prime, then shipping would have been free. Of course not everyone is a Prime member (I am, because I use Amazon so much that it's more than worth the fee to me). Even so, the price of the kit PLUS shipping is still less than what I paid for my kit at my PetSmart. It could be a good option for shut-ins or someone who lives in a very rural area without any local pet stores. Also, I'm willing to go on the record as officially lazy, so sometimes, when it comes to shipping charges, I ask myself: Is $5.00 worth an hour of my time? Would I rather pay $5.00 and spend that hour doing something else, or would I rather not pay the $5.00 shipping charge? Sometimes I pay, sometimes I don't. I sometimes decide that an hour of my time is worth more than $5.00, when I break it down to time, gas, traffic, etc. It's not that I advocate spending extra money unnecessarily, but if a product plus shipping is still less than what I would pay locally, then, yeah, I'll order it. I hope my logic makes sense!

The best deal that I came across is from Walmart.com: Save money. Live better. (LINK) for $17.65.

That's definitely a good price. I myself am a WalMart boycotter. I'll pay a little extra. I know most people don't boycott WalMart, though.

thats a pretty good deal, although one of my lfs sells them for $19.99 every day (no shipping :) )... thats one of the best prices ive seen online. Thanks for sharing for everybody to see ;)

Can you tell me where that is? pm me if needed.

Ok.. so bring me up to speed.. what's the big deal about Walmart? If they (or anyone else for that matter) price things cheaper than I'm all for it. I'm not rich afterall. But if they've done something extremely erroneous than maybe I'll do the same and boycott. Please enlighten me coz I think I live under a rock when it comes to them.

Ok.. so bring me up to speed.. what's the big deal about Walmart? If they (or anyone else for that matter) price things cheaper than I'm all for it. I'm not rich afterall. But if they've done something extremely erroneous than maybe I'll do the same and boycott. Please enlighten me coz I think I live under a rock when it comes to them.

Because they sell chinese junk (basically putting their nose up to American jobs and products), they treat their employees like garbage (keeping them at a low wage that prevents them from being anything more than poverty stricken), and they put every mom and pa shop out of business wherever they pop up a store (Ever hear that its small business that moves our economy?), they beat the brow of their suppliers which makes the company cut corners to keep up with WM's demands, which in response lay off or treat their employees worse (less pay, no benefits, etc).

I try to shop at my LFS (local business), my local hardware store (not a chain), and love my local thrift store! All local businesses.

so we should probably drop the whole walmart thing before it gets out of hand and turns in to a debate... :) dont want the mods to have to come in and start deleting posts

so we should probably drop the whole walmart thing before it gets out of hand and turns in to a debate... :) dont want the mods to have to come in and start deleting posts

Debates are fun... but okay :lol: One thing to note, API is "API" ... "Made in USA" so purchasing it from anywhere is still supporting the good old "U" "S" of "A" .... :eyes:

Back
Top Bottom