API Superclean Power Filter 5-20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trickshot3102

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! I just bought a API Superclean Power Filter 5-20 for my 10 gal tank. It is an HOB filter with 100 gph. I was just wondering if you think it is a good filter? Here is a link:

I hated mine so much that I bought an AquaClear within two months.

I had read great reviews on the API, so I got one when I started up my newest tank. Within the first week, it started to stop working so I contacted the supplier. I'd turn it off for water changes and it wouldn't want to restart, even after I'd pour a cup of tank water in it to help prime it. They shipped me a new one without charge. The new one worked for two weeks before it stopped. I contacted them again, they sent another one. That one also stopped working in two weeks. By then, I had already gotten my AC and had it on another established tank to get it cycled.

For HOBs, I'll never go with anything else other than ACs for my larger tanks again.

It looks decent. Get blue-bonded filter pads and cut to shape for replacing the filter packs. I'm not a fan of the intake tube with holes near the surface, it looks like it forces you to keep water at a certain level.

I should have went here for reviews first :( I guess I will just have to wait to see how it preforms.

On the bright side, it will be replacing my stupid Aquatech filter :) I hate it so much!

It looks decent. Get blue-bonded filter pads and cut to shape for replacing the filter packs. I'm not a fan of the intake tube with holes near the surface, it looks like it forces you to keep water at a certain level.

It does, and those work as a surface skimmer. A great concept if the filter was good.

I just checked and the site I got it from and they have a money back Guarantee so, I will hope for the best :)

I know its kinda old but I was wondering what you think of this filter now?

I know its kinda old but I was wondering what you think of this filter now?

OMG I love it! It's still working like new! I actually have it on my 40 gallon now (not alone, it's with an Aqueon 50.) I am glad I got it and I highly recommend it :)

OMG I love it! It's still working like new! I actually have it on my 40 gallon now (not alone, it's with an Aqueon 50.) I am glad I got it and I highly recommend it :)

You know. I almost got one of these about 3 weeks ago but they seemed fairly new and I didn't wanna chance it

Thanks . Also how quiet is it. The petsmart by me has them on clearance the 5-20 is 9.99

You know. I almost got one of these about 3 weeks ago but they seemed fairly new and I didn't wanna chance it

Dude, if you are still looking for a lower cost HOB, I would totally suggest the API Superclean :) what size are you looking for? They start at like 15 bucks on Drs foster and smith

Dude, if you are still looking for a lower cost HOB, I would totally suggest the API Superclean :) what size are you looking for? They start at like 15 bucks on Drs foster and smith

Yeah I'm gonna get a sunsun 304b next. It's 109.99 on eBay which isn't bad for 525gph filtration on my 75 along with x2 aqueon quietflow 75s

Hey, that sounds like a great deal for over 500 GPH! I think I'm going to add an Aqueon 75 for the 40 breeder to make it 650 total GPH.

Back
Top Bottom