API TEST RESULTS ROUND 4: Please Help Me Analyze...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did you become a member? How long have you had to research? I'm done. Troll away, you win.

You say it's not worth a response but, yet you respond anyway... Thanks for yet another contradiction.

Oh, and thank you for helping to push off my raft.

LOL -- when did I become a "member"? Don't you see the join date? You're not for real, are you?

Give me a break -- and I ONLY responded that last time to comment about how asinine your sentiment was about my "social experiment" intentions...I felt that HAD to be cleared up.

Troll? I don't think so, pal...

You find lugging heavy buckets of water while spilling it on expensive carpeting appealing and enjoyable? Or, conversely, standing and sucking water into a vac tube while some of it spits out of the bucket it is pouring into?

Why are you spilling your buckets? I'm more careful than that. Siphoning by mouth doesn't bother me. I've got a system. It works for me. Not sure why the rudeness is warranted, I haven't posted rudely in your thread.

Yep. I love the attention. That's why I started this thread. That's why I choose to argue with every thing posted in response. That's also why I start multiple threads, take no advice, and argue with anyone that has the time.

Wait! That's not me.

OK Osage;

Feelings have been hurt. I get that. The question is "what do you really want from us?" Everyone here is telling you about additional water changes. I understand and even sympathize with your situation. That, however, doesn't change anything. I'm going to be blunt, not because I'm angry or hurt, but because it's the truth as I understand it. Either disassemble your tank and put it closer to a fresh water source so you can perform regular water changes; deal with the hassle of doing water changes with buckets on a 60 gallon tank; or finally, find someone who is willing to buy the tank from you who can take care of it. I know you'll probably not going to believe me when I say this, but I'm trying to be your friend here. You're obviously in a difficult situation. It seems like you like the "idea" of having a tank, but are now confronted with the costs of owning that tank. As severum mama said, maintaining and cleaning your tanks can be an "enjoyable" activity. It gives one a sense of pride and accomplishment when they can see a beautiful tank and say "I did that!" I truly do hope you find a solution to your problem. The one thing I'm sure of, and I think the others will agree with me, is that your long term solution will entail regular water changes.

Yep. I love the attention. That's why I started this thread. That's why I choose to argue with every thing posted in response. That's also why I start multiple threads, take no advice, and argue with anyone that has the time.

Wait! That's not me.

You're right!!! I'm doing it for attention!!

I am CRACKING UP right now -- and have been -- at the fact that you said you "were gone" and yet you CANNOT STOP coming in here and commenting...

It is HYSTERICAL.

Why are you spilling your buckets? I'm more careful than that. Siphoning by mouth doesn't bother me. I've got a system. It works for me. Not sure why the rudeness is warranted, I haven't posted rudely in your thread.

I wasn't trying to be rude; I was merely asking those questions in a converse manner because it seemed like your comment of "Yep, clearly" in response to what I said about not being on the same page with this hobby was suggesting you enjoy doing these things...

That's all.

OK Osage;

Feelings have been hurt. I get that.

Thank you for seeing that.

As severum mama said, maintaining and cleaning your tanks can be an "enjoyable" activity.

Unfortunately, I DON'T see that; but to each their own.

It gives one a sense of pride and accomplishment when they can see a beautiful tank and say "I did that!" I truly do hope you find a solution to your problem. The one thing I'm sure of, and I think the others will agree with me, is that your long term solution will entail regular water changes.

I'm not going to go into an entire response to why I feel I went wrong where I did with the hobby; it's too daunting to express right now -- suffice to say, it's been WAY too much of a hassle and expense, and I was not taking any of that into consideration. The water damage in our new home from maintaining this tank has gotten out of control, and the water changes have been to blame for most of it, for whatever reasons, whomever is at fault for that.

I just don't understand why you're asking what I want from "all of you" (you mentioned "us") when you seemingly just joined the site...you are coming across as if I actually have been "wanting" something from you included when you didn't even know about most of my tank's history here; I apologize if I misunderstood your intention with that statement, but that's how it seemed. I'm just expressing that.

I just don't understand why you're asking what I want from "all of you" (you mentioned "us") when you seemingly just joined the site...you are coming across as if I actually have been "wanting" something from you included when you didn't even know about most of my tank's history here; I apologize if I misunderstood your intention with that statement, but that's how it seemed. I'm just expressing that.

The length of someone's membership does not matter... Good advice is good advice, regardless of your post count or anything else.

Have you tried doing more frequent water changes for any significant length of time? Did your problem get worse after doing more frequent water changes? I bet your ammonia and nitrites would eventually bottom out at zero if you stick to a water changing schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom