Apistogramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ry4n7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking of stocking a 60litre tank with an Apistogramma so I have a couple of questions

1: is the tank big enough
2: what tankmates would be suitable
3: how many fish could I stock it with

Thanks.

Hello,

I am not an expert but I do have 2 Apistogrammas in a 64L tank and they are quite young only 3-4 months and I can only tell you from my own experience and what I can see, there is no way I could add any more to this tank.

They are using all the bottom space and decor to forage the whole day, so I think if I was to add more they would start fighting straight away. I would say start with 2 a male and a female and take it from there.

Hello,

I am not an expert but I do have 2 Apistogrammas in a 64L tank and they are quite young only 3-4 months and I can only tell you from my own experience and what I can see, there is no way I could add any more to this tank.

They are using all the bottom space and decor to forage the whole day, so I think if I was to add more they would start fighting straight away. I would say start with 2 a male and a female and take it from there.
Thank you, I may get a pair then [emoji16][emoji1303]

Thank you, I may get a pair then [emoji16][emoji1303]

Sounds good! They are very entertaining to watch I highly recommend them so inquisitive and curious they come to the glass all the time when I am nearby. I have mine with 6 Penguin tetras, which I liked at the beginning but now they fight too much...the Apistos don't interact with them at all and dont bother each other. As tank mates I think you can put them without problems.

60 liters is only about 15 gallons... A 20g is the minimum for a pair of Apistos. Multies, a shell dwelling cichlid of Lake Tanganyika, can be kept as a pair in a 10g.

Back
Top Bottom