Apistos w/ Dwarf Gouramis aka stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpiritualTurtle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

So I'm just brainstorming stocking ideas for a 130 litre/35ish gallon freshwater tank that already has 12 corydoras (6 sterbai and 6 julii) inhabiting it. I've normally kept bettas in the past but I want to try something new and I stumbled across apistos. Obviously my tank isn't big enough to do standard cichlids, but is it possible to keep dwarf or honey gouramis with a pair of apisto? My original idea was angel fish but I would like to keep more than a pair in the tank. I'm not a fan of tetras or rasboras, I've owned them before and they just didn't cut it for me.

Does anyone have any stocking ideas? Any input is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Image provided is the tank the betta is no longer there and I do plan to attempt some sort of hard scape/cave system for the apistos if I go down that route.

Attachments

• 20210103_164919.jpg
    20210103_164919.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I think that stocking would work. Apistogramma aren't overtly aggressive. And they live more on the bottom of the tank, and a gourami lives toward the top since it's a labyrinth fish

Back
Top Bottom