Aquaclear 30 or 50 for 20 tall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would use an AC30. I ran one on my 20 gallon for a while and it seemed just right for the tank. I think an AC50 would be too much flow. Even an AC20 would probably be fine for your tank.

That depends what type of fish are you looking to get. I am not sure how to do it but I now there is a way to baffle the flow with a cut up pop bottle. I am under the feeling that you can't have to much filtration. But you can have to much flow.

That depends what type of fish are you looking to get. I am not sure how to do it but I now there is a way to baffle the flow with a cut up pop bottle. I am under the feeling that you can't have to much filtration. But you can have to much flow.
the tank is currently running with a cycled aqueon 30 that I took off my 29 to quick cycle the 20, need to put it back though, it has 6 neons, 3 guppys, 3 cpd's(soon to be 6) one small albino bn(will be re-homed when it reaches 3") so it's pretty well stocked. I've heard the 30 has great media capacity, it's just turnover rate may be lacking??i also run a sponge filter 20/30 for extra bb area.

the tank is currently running with a cycled aqueon 30 that I took off my 29 to quick cycle the 20, need to put it back though, it has 6 neons, 3 guppys, 3 cpd's(soon to be 6) one small albino bn(will be re-homed when it reaches 3") so it's pretty well stocked. I've heard the 30 has great media capacity, it's just turnover rate may be lacking??i also run a sponge filter 20/30 for extra bb area.

The AC30 has a 150 gph flow rate. As suggested by the title, it is recommended for up to 30 gallon tanks. It should be plenty on your tank.

From what I read your turn over should be ok. It looks like it should be 7.5 times an hour. I do like the amount of space for customized media!

Back
Top Bottom