Aquaclear 30 Review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have an aquaclear 30 coming in the mail. What did you think of the product? What is the best set up as far as the media goes?

I haven't used many other filters to compare but I'd say the AC is awesome compared to the few I've used so far. It has a basket that you can pretty much put anything in there you want in terms of media. It comes with a sponge, biomax and carbon. I left out the carbon and put in another sponge in its place. The flow is adjustable too which is great. I found that the water from the filter hitting the water caused a lot of small bubbles to form even with the water level raised and the flow on the lowest setting but I just put a piece of filter padding along the flow of the water to reduce the bubbles. When you turn off the filter for water changes you'll just have to re-prime the filter when you turn it back on by pouring water into the top of it. So during water changes I put aside some water in a cup to use to prime the filter when I turn it back on but yes so far my experience has been good. I also have an internal Fluval U2 that I like.

When you turn off the filter for water changes you'll just have to re-prime the filter when you turn it back on by pouring water into the top of it.
Actually... if you just lift up the intake tube, you don't have to re-prime it. The tube allows it to siphon out when the water level drops... so if you lift it up, it can't.

I just picked up an Aqua Clear 70 for my 46 gallon.... Ive had marinelands, ive had top fins, Ive had aquatech.... Let me tell you... I love this AC 70 already. Its super quiet and has done such a good job at clearing up my tank.

To add to thread, I'm running a penguin 350 and a AC 110 on my 55 BF. I like the set up of the AC much better.

Back
Top Bottom