Aquaclear 50, Fluval C3, Emperor 400, or Penguin 350?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would go C4/AC 70 because... why not? I have a Whisper 60 and a C4 on my 29g right now mainly for surface movement because I'm keeping hill streams.

C>AC>Emperor>Penguin

I would go C4/AC 70 because... why not? I have a Whisper 60 and a C4 on my 29g right now mainly for surface movement because I'm keeping hill streams.

C>AC>Emperor>Penguin
Cool! Thanks for that advice! I like the comparison you made at the end.

Cool! Thanks for that advice! I like the comparison you made at the end.
Yeah there are a few people that like the AC's stacked, put in it what every you want design, but the C's are really an improvement on the design made by the same company.

The issue with Aqueon, Tetra, penn plax and Marineland style filters is they over flow around the filter media unless you change the filters very often, and from my experience with Tetra and penn plax, the motors are way louder.

The Emperor filters have some nice upgrades over the Penguins like the spraybar to keep the bio wheel moving, which will probably stop on the penguin, but that make more noise.

I have to say the only issue I have with AC and Fluval power filters is in the larger sizes, mainly the 110, the single waterfall design disturbs a lot deeper into the tank than the dual fall Emperior, penguin, Whisper 60 design, possible all the way to the bottom in like a 75g, but it's not a big issue. In a 75g I would probably go 2 AC 70's/C4's where in a 90 or 110 the 110 would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom