AquaClear filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_elvish_misfit

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got an Aquaclear 500 (or maybe it's 300 it's hard to read) for my 55g and it's very very loud. My friend was very excited about it and only said good things. I have an Aqueon on my 10g and it's super quiet and does an excellent job.

Are they just loud starting out? Or will this go on forever and I should just get an Aqueon for 55g's?

the U pipe. It sounds like plastic hitting plastic, with sucking noises. The friend I mentioned put it together and he has had one for many many years. Mine is used but the waterfall works perfectly, and some of the reviews on petco.com say that new ones are loud also.

you wont get super quiet unless you get a canister, what substrate do you have in your tank?

I was shunned away from aquaclears due to their noise from the actual dealer.

it might be in the impeller... mine just did the same thing, the impeller rod was worn out

Sounds like its broken. I have an AquaClear 50 on my 30g and it is super quiet. I hardly know it is running. I would recommend AquaClears to anyone.

I have a 300 and it's quiet as can be. My Whisper 40 pump drowns out the noise the aquaclear 300 makes, if there is any noise...

+1 on the rattling lid... That is what mine did. The sound was further enhanced by my wooden canopy.

Had aqua clear also and the noise was annoying and constant. Nothing was broken and it also didn't do the best job in my opinion at keeping the tank clean and clear..
I bought a marineland and wouldn't go back to aquaclear for anything..

Back
Top Bottom