aquaclear power filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
im thinking about getting one today to replace my aqueon since its costing me so much money with the filter cartilages, how often will i have to clean it? and can i put it in the with the aqueon until it builds up good bacteria?:thanks:

I clean my filters every week while I'm doing a PWC... but the aquaclears are so easy to clean. Just run 2 sponges and the ceramic rings. During a water change, fill up a bucket and you can just squeeze the sponges a bunch of times and it cleans them out. Then just swish the rings around and you're done.

As far as seeding the new filter, you can either run both for a few weeks, or you can cut the media out of your cartridge and stuff it down in the aquaclear for a few weeks.

okay thank you! very quick question, one of my neon tetras has like a brown or white spot on it, could it be ick? one had one yesterday and knew it would die soon and this morning my ghost shrimp was already eating it:(

Back
Top Bottom