Aquaclear versus Fluval C4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anybody have expierience with these two filters? I was thinking about the c4 but the aquaclear design is awesome. So which do yall recomend? Also witch size aquaclear would yall say for a 26 bowfront? I was thinking 50, 70, or 100?
Thanks and God bless!

Use AC 70 or 110 for your bowfront.

Better for you to read the pros/cons of each filter and figure out the best filter for your intended purpose.

I bought some AC filters for my 120g, but I had to switch them out for 2 Fluval FX5 so that I can have more space on the back of my tank for a refugium.

You really need to think things through or else you'll end up wasting money like I did :(

I have an aqua clear 20.
I also like its looks, bc u can actually see how your filter process the water in the tank.

Just be careful to not have the aqua clear tilt and run at the same time, like the instructions say. It'll run unproperly.

I have both and would never by anything but the aqua clear. the fluval is a little noisy even though its supposed to run the same motor. I have 2 fluvals and 2 aqua clear fifty's. my 29 gallon has a 50 on it and it has never had any problems. the fluval seems to be less efficient than my aquaclear

Thanks for the advise! I will get the aquaclear!

Back
Top Bottom