AquaPlantarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

6rtury

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is anyone, other than a salesperson for the product, familiar with the AquaPlantarium as a substitute for a regular freshwater, filtered, planted aquarium? The principle is interesting, but I wonder how well it works, how difficult it is to make it work and keep it working. What are the drawbacks. One link to the product is:

GNW AquaPlantarium

Somewhere on the web is a video about it. Haven't the faintest idea of the price, but it's safe to assume it's pricey.
Thanks.
6rtury

What you are looking at in the aquaplantarium is a bit different than a paludarium. A paludarium incorporates an area of land and an area of water, this looks more similar to the old plastic riversystems that used to be sold, in that its basically a wall on the back of a aquarium with a reduced water level. It would incorperate features of a riparium as well (a aquarium with a lower water that utilizes hydrophytes (aquatic plants)). Mumma has a riparium going as well I believe.

My bog tank (linked in my signature picture) and my 30 gal paludarium (linked below) would be two other examples, although both threads are badly in need of an update. If you google paludarium, riparium or even vivarium, you'll see tons of different examples of these types of tanks built using everything from expanding foam to concrete. They are relatively unexpensive to build, depending on how detailed you wish to become and make an interesting divergence from the typical aquarium.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f72/wy-renegades-30gal-paludarium-192117-8.html

Back
Top Bottom