Aquaponic betta tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know it looks bigger than some containers they sell for poor bettas. Would one fish provide enough fertilizer for the plants or would you have to dose liquid ferts still. SOrry if the website says, I didn't read it. Neat idea but I would want something larger as well.

I saw that too! But I thought that ended a long time ago? Can you still buy it? I heard once it was funded then you cant order any more. I was sad :(

Woah, that's awesome! Someday I want to create a self contained eco system with a betta. So you never have to do water changes, just top offs, or very minimal top offs and feed. That would be awesome!

I love it, would be interested in knowing whether its a happy tank for a betta before I bought one though- it looks like there wouldn't be room for any decor or hiding places, and the only betta I ever had loved his little car!

I like this but just curiouse how would the Betta breathe? From the pic if looked like the Betta would be able to get to the surface at all?

If you look at the pics on the site, you can see there is some air at the top of the tank.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 64
I'm thinking of painting one side since it will sit by a window. And also I'll want a few plants in there, too. And a snail. :) I'm excited! The wait will kill me. :lol:

I'm going to put ONE female betta in there. I know everyone gets the males, but I want a female.

Back
Top Bottom