aquarium cooler???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldshell4481

Aquarium Advice Activist
im wonderingif there is a cooler out there for keeping aquarium water cool. i have an idea about using a fridge or freezer but that is a big hassle. does anyone know of one on the market???

Off Topic;
That was a Discus site "Simply Discus", was he going to keep Discus, why would he need a chiller, especially if on a Discus tank, does he live in a desert with no AC in the house :?:

its prob because the metal hindles put out to much heat would be my guess

wow they are expensive, i can find freezers that run at junkyards, and run piping/tubing all through it and pump water through it, cooling it on the way, and run it back into the aquarium for cheaper!!!!

The picture of his chiller operational has the chiller set at 26.7 degrees celcius.

Could have something to do with the CO2 system he has set up with it.... not sure there only a guess. :?:

But his plants and fish look healthy.

Personally I thought it is weird that people would buy chillers becuase of the room being too hot. A chiller will cool the aquarium but make the room even hotter. You could buy a window air conditioner for the same price and keep the whole room cooler.

But if you have ultra-high power lights over your aquarium then maybe you need a chiller.

It is quicker to cool the aquarium water and keep it at that temperature. To cool a room and a tank would mean that you have to get the air temperature down and hold it there long enough for the water to cool down too.

Once the desired temperature is reached with the chiller, it would only cut in intermitently to maintain that temperature.

Back
Top Bottom