Aquarium in front of window???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candi1990

Aquarium Advice Freak
Its springtime and i always move things around in the spring. Question: i know sunlight causes algae. But if i put the BACK of the tank against a window, and there is a back ground paper on there, will i have the same problem? Any other dangers of putting a tank in front of a window? Is it a bad decision?

I'm guessing if you lined the back of background with something that blocks all uv rays than it'd be fine.. Perhaps tinfoil ?or a shade ..

I'd think if you paint the back, like spray paint it, it would be ok. But this is just a guess. I'd think a sticky background would block the sun too.

The latex paint on would be good, without a shade behind it however would most likely adjust your temp upwards.. Those old school pull down shades seem to block light pretty well, that behind any standard background or paint on would be ideal imo

If you get the sun shining directly in the window onto the tank, i would be more concerned with the temperature skyrocketing than i would the algae.

your algae wont disappear with a background. you may have some, but it won't be absent.

Tank Location

Its springtime and i always move things around in the spring. Question: i know sunlight causes algae. But if i put the BACK of the tank against a window, and there is a back ground paper on there, will i have the same problem? Any other dangers of putting a tank in front of a window? Is it a bad decision?

Hello Candi...

A tank can go in front of a window as long as you have blinds, curtains or some other way of controlling the light and heat that can create tank problems. Sheer curtains over venetian or vertical blinds put up over that window will allow you to control things.

B

Back
Top Bottom