Aquarium leakage insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradleyheathhays

Aquarium Advice Regular
I rent my house and I'm interested in buying renter's insurance that would cover the rental property (house) in the event of an aquarium leak. In this case I'm not so much concerned about covering my own property. The companies I've talked to so far (Geico, Progressive, Allstate, State Farm) will cover water damage from an aquarium but only in the cases of say vandalism or fire, but specifically not a slow leak which is what I'm more concerned about. Is anyone aware of an ins. co. that offers a policy covering a slow leak?

Thanks

I don't think anyone will cover that. If you think about it, a slow leak is fairly easy to catch (ie, having to top off the water more frequently, drips down the side of the tank/stand, small puddles/wet spots on the floor), and can be fixed before any major damage is done.

When you have a fire/earthquake/robbery/etc that causes the tank to go 'boom', the water damage is most likely going to be minimal compared to the other claims.

You can also check these DIY alarms: Aquarium overflow sensor saves your fish and your floors

Sump pump alarm sends text message as water rises

Back
Top Bottom