Aquarium lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjrossi88

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have an opinion on bulbs that could help show the colors of my fish a little better? I have a few boesemani rainbows and I can see the orange in them but it looks a little dull and I've seen some rainbows in the fish store and their colors are awesome. I just have the regular bulbs that came with my setup right now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

...........this could get crazy.........
What's on there now? What size tank? What's your budget?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol that's a good point. I should have put my parameters up. It's a 55 with 2 18" eclipse natural daylight bulbs. My budget is a little tight but I'd really like to make this tank look the way it should.

No plants or anything so I don't need any crazy lights. Just a little enhancement. Thanks.

Well.. you could just get some colormax tubes.. they'd be under $35 I'd think.. I'd personally reccomend a current satellite plus (not pro). It's led, no replacement bulbs for 50,000 hrs. Fully customizable spectrum to make the tank and fish look the way they should.. comes with a fancy remote and it look sharp too! Color max tubes are okayyy.

The satellite looks awesome! It makes me want to throw my credit card at the computer lol.

Unfortunately I have to try to control myself and not spend like that right now. I actually was looking at the colormax bulbs so I may just do that for now. Apparently their only $10 at my local petco. I'd much rather do it the right way first but I'll take an upgrade, even if it's only slightly. Thanks for the tips.

For future reference, are the satellites compatible with a tank with a 2 hood light setup? Like if I decided to go that route could I get 1 single 48" satellite and just set it across the length of my tank?

I have an aqueon floramax and it really makes colors pop. My anglefish is gray in regular light, but has dark vibrant stripes and red eyes in this light

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

How much would a sat alight be for a 36 gallon bow

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

For future reference, are the satellites compatible with a tank with a 2 hood light setup? Like if I decided to go that route could I get 1 single 48" satellite and just set it across the length of my tank?

You could ditch the plastic hoods and get two versa tops (glass) the ends would rest on the center brace and then get the 48" light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could ditch the plastic hoods and get two versa tops (glass) the ends would rest on the center brace and then get the 48" light.

Yup!

If you are in US check Amazon

Yuppp, thinks it'd be the 24-30" model?

Depending on where you're at, check your local Craigslist. I picked up the 48-60" model of the Current Satellite Plus with the timer for $50.

Jesse

Back
Top Bottom