Aquarium Masters aquatic equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacky12

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone heard of Aquarium Masters? The used 75 I have tank is of superior quality & I can't find any place that sells them. It's made in Chino, California, best known for housing a very large state prison. I did find this info online.

About this item Aquarium Masters Rimmed 75

diamond polished edges, distortion free glass, black frame top & bottom

Dimensions/Size: 48"x18"x20"; Weight: 102.0 lbs

Masters Standard Framed Aquariums are assembled with the highest quality material available. Every aquarium is rigorously inspected to exceed industry standards and expectations

Included in every Standard Frame Aquarium: distortion-free glass, diamond polished edges for safety, black framed top and bottom, commercial grade black silicone sealant for aesthetic appeal that also prevents capillary action and leakage

A variety of lighting systems and filters are available for all sizes.

Attachments

• IMG_0055[4961]75.jpg
    IMG_0055[4961]75.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
They responded to my email a few minutes ago, saying they sell to pet supplies distributors, not pet shops and gave me number to call. I thought sales was the best menu option & left a message. The situation is odd in that the previous owner refuses to tell me where it came from. He is a multimillionaire who owns several companies and lives on a 27 acre estate with a 14 stall garage & numerous outbuildings. I don’t get what the big secret here is & I don’t want another AM tank or any tank at this time. I’m just curious as to why I can’t find any info on the retail value. I love gloating over my bargains. The tank setup included a fancy 48” SW programmable LED, but I can find easily find it. This tank has good online reviews & the lack of a lid was the only downside, but he had a nice one.

Aquarium Masters

Update: This and other tanks from Aquarium Masters appear to be favored by reefers. I’ve had a few terrific conversations with their sales team. The same tank is sold under the name Seapora, another new brand to me. My 75 G is FW for fancy goldfish and not so fancy dojo loaches. I don’t know what else to put in a cold water tank that the goldfish wouldn’t devour.:fish1::fish2::fish1:
They are leaving the hotdog fish alone.(y)

Goldfish are generally kept on their own (ie: as a single species tank) or with big coldwater species like the loaches. If the water is warm enough, you could possibly try rainbowfish. Both goldfish and rainbows need a lot of plant matter in their diet and both do best in medium hard water (GH around 150-250ppm) with a pH above 7.0. Most rainbowfish can reach 4-5 inches long and 1-2 inches high. I kept rainbows and fantail goldfish together years ago and never had an issue.

The following link has information about rainbowfish including all the currently known species.
Melanotaeniidae and Pseudomugilidae

Thanks for the wonderful link, Colin! The pair at top are beauties. I’m wondering if they’re both males as I’m reading there is a level of sexual dimorphism among these guys. I see my two favorite online fish sellers have some rainbow varieties, either 2” unsexed or 3” females currently. The pics are also marvelous from these online vendors, but they generally use the most colorful male photographed under ideal conditions. I have no idea how common rainbows are & will call the two LFS soon. The overnight shipping fee ($40) for the rainbows exceeds the cost of the fish, depending upon the #. How many rainbows would you add to a 75 G with 4 fantails & 2 dojo loaches?

Speaking of loaches, some guy in a local facebook group has some Clown Loaches available. I’m not certain yet how big they are, but I’d guess 5-6” from his photo. Don’t these guys make good tank mates for Oscars? I’m seeing some minor aggression between the female sev added to the 125 a few days ago, along with another sev, a male. This pair has spawned. I may have to return them to the 125 G tank & possibly replace them with a pair of smaller sevs.

I don’t heat my goldfish tank. I’d have to see the temp range for rainbows. I could always heat the tank.

Back
Top Bottom