Aquarium murder mystery....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is a real "Whodunnit?" case, I woke up and found my bristlenose pleco on the floor about 6 feet away from the aquarium. aparently he had (jumped) hours before because he was already dry. now there are a number of suspects but uppon analysis of the situation each one seems to be innocent.
Suspect #1 The Cat. Shes a newly adopted kitty about 4 months old who had been with us for just over 1 week. She has taken quite a liking to my tank and has been seen gazing at the fish from the couch for hours at a time.
Suspect #2 The Clown Loach. Also new to our home, this little fellow isnt quite large and seems really shy, almost harmless, but he has been observed harrasing the pleco now and then.
Suspect #3 The Kribs, They are a pair and have been tankmates with the pleco for some months now. they kept to themselves and didnt realy bother one another.

Circumstances: Time 7:00 am
Temp: ???? a little Chilly in Florida
Water temp. 78 degrees F
Water Parameters: All within normal range.
Crime scene: Aquarium did not show any signs of having been tampered with, *note* hood was in place "no large openings"
Victim: Found about 6 ft away on the floor Dry and stiff, but otherwise intact.

So AA what do you think of the whole situation??????

Well it could be the cat but since it was in tact I dont think so. Maybe it just jumped out becuase sumthing scared it was there a waythat it could have jumped out like an opening??

My guess is that he just jumped out. May have been startled by another fish or was defending his turf. plecos are prone to mad dashes sometimes and his last one may just have been aimed in the wrong direction.... Sorry about your crispy fishie.

are you married? girlfriend? do you spend more time with your fish than you do your other half? i wouldnt put it past my girlfriend. very jealous.

^ That's why you need to get your girl to want her own tank and fish. Difficulty: mine generally only thinks saltwater fish are cute.

no no no no nononononooooo. she does not like fish. especially now that its my hobby

Back
Top Bottom