Aquarium opinions:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyd

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking for a couple aquariums to be in my front room as show tanks (shrimp) and came across this at a petsmart. Wondering what everyone here thinks. They look to be good (branding aside).

National Geographicâ„¢ Aqua Oasis Starter Kit | Aquariums | PetSmart

filter in the kit: Amazon.com: Aquatop IFS20 Aquarium Internal Filter: Pet Supplies

Wife gets final say and she liked these. Being the front room and for show, she doesn't want the "ugly box tanks." Also limited to 26x14" so this will fit the footprint almost perfectly. other option that she likes is the fluval spec 5, but I'm wanting bigger than that.

Looks nice! I didn't understand why the bowfronts and curved glass tanks were so well liked until I got a bowfront tank myself, and the difference is remarkable. I completely understand why your wife prefers these over the standard tank shapes. The curved glass will also help magnify the shrimp! The included filter should be plenty of filtration as well since the tank is only 20 gallons and the filter is rated at 170 gph.

this is a rectangle tank, not bowfront. But this has the rounded front corners and that's the difference. It does look really nice though and not having the seams on the front gives it a very clean look.

Back
Top Bottom