Aquarium Re-stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platiesareawesome

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! After getting 3 balloon mollies in my new 10 gallon tank, I quickly realized I was overstocked. I am taking my mollies back to the pet store :(, and I am getting some new fish. Do you guys have any good stocking ideas?

Are these stocking lists okay?:

1. 3 platies (Can I do more?)
2. 5-6 turquoise/pearl/blue danios (all the same species, different names)
3. 5-6 von rio flame tetras
4. 5-6 neon tetras
5. 3 variatus
6. 5 guppies
7. 2 platy 2 guppy

Thanks! :thanks: :fish2:

Definitely don't mix platys and guppies together and mollies are dump trucks. They produce so much waste it is ridiculous. You could go with any of the small tetras. That will probably be your best bet IMO. You should also get some ghost shrimp because they are super cheap, entertaining and help keep your tank clean :)

Hello! After getting 3 balloon mollies in my new 10 gallon tank, I quickly realized I was overstocked. I am taking my mollies back to the pet store :(, and I am getting some new fish. Do you guys have any good stocking ideas?

Are these stocking lists okay?:

1. 3 platies (Can I do more?)
2. 5-6 turquoise/pearl/blue danios (all the same species, different names)
3. 5-6 von rio flame tetras
4. 5-6 neon tetras
5. 3 variatus
6. 5 guppies
7. 2 platy 2 guppy

Thanks! :thanks: :fish2:

Don't get any guppies unless you know the guppies your lfs has not been injected with growth and color hormones. Guppies tend to die because of guppy disease. ( caused by parasites on skin from hormones ). I think the neons, Von rio, and danios are the best bang for the buck IMO.

Don't get any guppies unless you know the guppies your lfs has not been injected with growth and color hormones. Guppies tend to die because of guppy disease. ( caused by parasites on skin from hormones ). I think the neons, Von rio, and danios are the best bang for the buck IMO.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Would platies be fine? (I really don't know what it is about livebearers I like so much) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom