Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 472
Aquarium Re-stocking

Hello! After getting 3 balloon mollies in my new 10 gallon tank, I quickly realized I was overstocked. I am taking my mollies back to the pet store , and I am getting some new fish. Do you guys have any good stocking ideas?

Are these stocking lists okay?:

1. 3 platies (Can I do more?)
2. 5-6 turquoise/pearl/blue danios (all the same species, different names)
3. 5-6 von rio flame tetras
4. 5-6 neon tetras
5. 3 variatus
6. 5 guppies
7. 2 platy 2 guppy

Thanks!
__________________

__________________
Platiesareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Pckerfreak44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 674
Definitely don't mix platys and guppies together and mollies are dump trucks. They produce so much waste it is ridiculous. You could go with any of the small tetras. That will probably be your best bet IMO. You should also get some ghost shrimp because they are super cheap, entertaining and help keep your tank clean
__________________

__________________
Pckerfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platiesareawesome View Post
Hello! After getting 3 balloon mollies in my new 10 gallon tank, I quickly realized I was overstocked. I am taking my mollies back to the pet store , and I am getting some new fish. Do you guys have any good stocking ideas?

Are these stocking lists okay?:

1. 3 platies (Can I do more?)
2. 5-6 turquoise/pearl/blue danios (all the same species, different names)
3. 5-6 von rio flame tetras
4. 5-6 neon tetras
5. 3 variatus
6. 5 guppies
7. 2 platy 2 guppy

Thanks!
Don't get any guppies unless you know the guppies your lfs has not been injected with growth and color hormones. Guppies tend to die because of guppy disease. ( caused by parasites on skin from hormones ). I think the neons, Von rio, and danios are the best bang for the buck IMO.
__________________
It wasn’t until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

Don't get any guppies unless you know the guppies your lfs has not been injected with growth and color hormones. Guppies tend to die because of guppy disease. ( caused by parasites on skin from hormones ). I think the neons, Von rio, and danios are the best bang for the buck IMO.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Would platies be fine? (I really don't know what it is about livebearers I like so much)
__________________
Platy Platy Platy Platy Platy Platy Platy Platy Platy Platy Platy Platy Platy Platy
Platiesareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platiesareawesome View Post

That's kind of what I was thinking. Would platies be fine? (I really don't know what it is about livebearers I like so much)
Platies are ok. You just can't keep as many of them as the smaller fish.
__________________
It wasn’t until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aquarium, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.