aquarium sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So i did the play sand and i now I have a cloudy, can't see threw tank. I read that it'll settle which I'm ok with. I I'm still have an issue finding a breeding pair of convicts.

Any ideas? Ebay has em but idk bout shipping/prices for shipping.the

did you rinse the sand???

Yeah sorry realized I kinda topic jumped there.

Yes I did. Probably not as much as I shouldve but atleast as much as I did for my 40lbs of black aquarium.

As I said I'm not to worried about it, I don't think? I don't even have my fish. It's gonna hopefully be my breeding tank.

Yeah sorry realized I kinda topic jumped there.

Yes I did. Probably not as much as I shouldve but atleast as much as I did for my 40lbs of black aquarium.

As I said I'm not to worried about it, I don't think? I don't even have my fish. It's gonna hopefully be my breeding tank.

the particles are bad for filters thats the main reason they will build up if they are floating around like that. you will probably want to rinse the filter once after it clears just take the filter pad out and run the filter in a bucket it will get the particles out. ive made the same mistake and my filter started making a grinding sound from the sand particles but i just rinsed it and it stopped

Yeah i had a huge issue with the filters on my first sand experience. I shouldve just not went cheap, but then again it's in a cycle now anyways.

yeah it will be fine just rinse the filter out after it clears up so the sand doesn't stay in it. dont forget to post pics when its done! :)

Gotta say when I was googling about cloudy water(play sand). Alot of people said it would clear but take a while. Granted it's only a 20gal tall but mines clearing up quite quick.

Now that I have a sand tank using some nice white sand, not play sand but also not specifically for tanks.
I like my tank better with less air bubbles than one might usually use.
The filter creates surface bubbles, and I have some live plants, which I hope keep the water oxygenated.

Back
Top Bottom