Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-06-2005, 12:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Aquarium society auction

I've had a few unexpected expenses in the last few months, so my budget is kinda tight.
That said, aquarium society auctions are utterly and truly evil!

I walked away $25 poorer, but the proud owner of 5 beautiful quarter-sized koi angelfish, two big pieces of Java fern, and a nice big clump of water sprite.

I'm still kicking myself for not holding out a split second longer for a clump of anubias, the size of a house, that sold for $15.

BrianNY and JChillin did pretty well too.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was questioning how well I did in spending $14 for a bag of Java Moss Qtoffer. I wanted this as a spawning medium for some tetras. After opening the bag, I realized it was enough moss to carpet my living room.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

LOL...I told you that was a huge amount Brian! I agree with you on the poorer end Andy, but how in the world could anyone pass up 5 Bolivian Ram babies for $5.00??? Or, two huge bags of anacharis for $6.00???

I was up until 1:00 am acclimating the Rams. Pics will be available this evening.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Acer
you guys did real good.. when i went to mine i only had $40 in my pocket to spend.. i spent 32 of that.. and i still walked away wanting more!! next time i'll go with even more cash ( they dont take credit or checks ) and without my gf.. she was bored after only 4 hours and i had to leave..
Old 10-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianNY
I was questioning how well I did in spending $14 for a bag of Java Moss Qtoffer. I wanted this as a spawning medium for some tetras. After opening the bag, I realized it was enough moss to carpet my living room.
Go for it, Brian! Waterproof the living room floor and walls to a height of 18 inches, and you'll have tetra wonderland!

Bill, I was up till 1AM too - acclimating the angelfish! This morning, they were all front and center begging for food. I need to pick up some live blackworms.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com