Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-12-2005, 08:47 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

aquarium stands

Does anyone know of a website that sells a variety of aquarium stands? I'm looking for one with a stainless steel look, but have been unable to find it. I guess I'll have to settle for wood. Any wood 55 gal stands for $200 that aren't the generic pine stand?

Old 02-12-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
I've seen Stainless Steel at BigAl's, but it was for a bowfront tank.

They have some wood ones listed on thier site (Here), they also have a store opening soon in Tamarac Fl

I've also seen a wood stand on sale at Walmart for a 55 Gal tank. (Made by Regent I think, which seems to be very similar (right down to Biowheels on the filters) to Marineland.

If you'r crafty, you can make your own from 2x4's and dress it to look how you want it, a 2x4 @ 2' has a tensile strength of 4 tonnes, so 4 legs can hold the weight of 1,600 gallons of water.. Just make sure it can't wobble or that figure is useless

Old 02-12-2005, 10:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You can get wrought iron stands reasonably from a variety of sources. Most are black, but you can repaint them with stainless steel looking paint.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Chilly Willy
Buy a 10" table saw, 10" Mitar (chop) saw, a router and router table. A biscuit gun and some biscuits. A bottle of GOOD wood glue. About $100 of nice grade A pine or oak. I'll send you the directions and I'll expect my stand done and delivered to me in 2 weeks.

Hey btw thanks for asking where to get my new stand from. You AA people are so nice.

Tags
aquarium stand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com