Aquarium Still Cycled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmer197

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I have a 60 gallon Freshwater tank that ive had for a few years now. Recently I decided I wanted to make it a discus tank so I gave away 3 of my fish to my sister and 1 of my fish (angelfish) had dropsy and died last week. That being said, my tank has been running with no fish and no food for a couple of weeks or so.

I'm planning on putting discus in very soon.

Did I just kill off all my beneficial bacteria? and have to recycle my tank again? I'm hoping not.

FYI,
Last I checked, my water was at 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and about 10ppm nitrate if that makes a difference

thanks,

-Jeremy M

Hiya. If you've had no fish in the tank and haven't been adding flakes for the last 2 weeks then I'm afraid your bb is definitely gone and you will need to recycle. The nitrate reading will be what was left in the tank from your last fish. :(

I don't believe so, don't let it run empty to Much longer though. Or just add some fish food into the tank for now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Replies. So I'm guessing I can't put discus fish in today huh?

Yes I agree with cichlid you will need to recycle your tank. Like any living organism it needs food survive.

Back
Top Bottom