Aquariums and air plants....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe_D

Aquarium Advice Freak
No it's not what you may think.
i also have some air plants. Those who have them know that periodically you have to soak them in water to prevent them from drying out.

You can use just tap water. but, one of the best waters to use is aquarium water. Among other plant nutrients it contains needed nitrates.

"Air plants aren't too picky when it comes to water, and most tap water is just fine, but it depends on the water quality in your area. The best water to use: rain water, aquarium water, or pond water because these are more rich in nutrients (note: if using one of these waters, don't add any additional fertilizer) "

So, when doing water changes when they are due for soaking, save some to soak your air plants in . :)

Aquarium water is generally good to use to water any plants, lawns etc. I use aquarium water on most of our house plants, and in the summer the strawberry patch and dump it out on the lawn.

BTW, since air plants normally float.......
I have read that some with larger tanks just put them in their tank for a little while to soak.

Back
Top Bottom