Aquascaping Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I got my new big 60 gallon aquarium, and am now trying to figure it out so it can be pleasing to the eye and I can stop messing around with the scape. It just doesn't seem right, i can add stones rocks, but fish and plants have to stay, I just want some advice on how to do this? I will attach picture of what I got so far, and any information will help, I know there's a lot of you out there with amazing aquascapes how did you do it? Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0552.jpg
    DSCF0552.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCF0553.jpg
    DSCF0553.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF0554.jpg
    DSCF0554.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 82
IMO, it looks pretty good as it is. You could add more decor if you wanted, but you run the risk of making it look too busy.

I would move one of the main rock structures in about a third of the tank. This would make it look similar to a hill and allow more interesting arrangements of plants as more area is exposed

Ya about moving the rocks, would it look good if i attempted to make some sort of mountain? by replanting that sword farther to the right? Thanks

Read this article. Its quite long but has some great info. The rule of thirds is the best way to make a tank look pleasing to the eye. If you have an iphone, android may do it as well, set the camera to lay down the grid and hold it so the tank is completely in the screen. The lines split the tank into thirds.

Aquascaping a Planted Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom