Aquascaping ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need to scape my twenty long tomorrow and was wondering what you guys thing the best idea is. Is there a basic method to follow? I will be buying plants and hopefully finding driftwood. I might have to get fake driftwood.

maxwellag said:
I need to scape my twenty long tomorrow and was wondering what you guys thing the best idea is. Is there a basic method to follow? I will be buying plants and hopefully finding driftwood. I might have to get fake driftwood.

Google aquascaping 20 gallon fish tanks or look through members set ups. That's the best way. Do you have a basic idea of what your going for looks wise? Natural look? What kind of fish?

What kind of aquascape do you want? It's all up to you and there are no rules to how you want to do it, unless you want to do it in a specific way like Dutch, natural, Iwigumi, etc.

Convict2161 said:
Google aquascaping 20 gallon fish tanks or look through members set ups. That's the best way. Do you have a basic idea of what your going for looks wise? Natural look? What kind of fish?

I want a natural look. I have glowlight tetras. I will be getting a pair of GBRs, some ottos or cories, and maybe another school of tetra. I would like to put driftwood in there, or at least some sort of rock cave. I want live plants. I have a dual 30 inch T5 fixture with one growmax and one colormax bulb. I have PFS as the substrate.

bruinsbro1997 said:
What kind of aquascape do you want? It's all up to you and there are no rules to how you want to do it, unless you want to do it in a specific way like Dutch, natural, Iwigumi, etc.

Natural... I like the look with rock caves and driftwood.

maxwellag said:
Natural... I like the look with rock caves and driftwood.

Rock caves and drift wood would look amazing on top of a sand bed in my opinion. You can get play sand for $3 (50lbs) at home depot. Drift wood are not too expensive maybe roughly 10-20 depending on the size. If you live near a pond, you might be able to take some for free :)

Cornstar said:
Rock caves and drift wood would look amazing on top of a sand bed in my opinion. You can get play sand for $3 (50lbs) at home depot. Drift wood are not too expensive maybe roughly 10-20 depending on the size. If you live near a pond, you might be able to take some for free :)

I have sand already. Most of the ponds I like near are in parks, so there aren't any pieces of DW in them. :( I might have to get fake wood

II got two peices of Mopani wood,java moss, a val, and some others that I don't remember the name of... will update later

PWC, PWC and more PWC :) Did you soak it at all?
It won't harm anything just might block some light from your plants if it gets really dark.

I didn't soak it-I was too impatient. :) I will do a 50% PWC tomorrow and see how it looks.

Back
Top Bottom