Aquasonic bio-tet broad spectrum antibiotics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got some of the tablets I mentioned in the title. Has anyone used these before ? I'm using it to treat columnaris. It's been in the tank for 2 days now but I can't notice the tablets dissolving. Do they dissolve slowly ? And can I add pimafix or melafix to the water during the antibiotic treatment. And I'm not sure about how often I should do water changes during the treatment and will it affect it working if I do ? The bottle didn't say much just to add 1 tablet per 20litres. I've tried looking it up but can't find the answers I'm looking for. Please let me know what I should be doing?

I can only offer some general information here. This is an Australian product with very limited info available about it but you can contact Aquasonic for more help (Support@TheTechDen.com.au ). I could not find a phone number but maybe theres one on the bottle.

This med is supposively a tetracycline medicine but I dont know what form of tetracycline (ie, tetracycline hydrochloride, oxytetracycline, etc) or what the 'mg' strength is per tablet. Depending on the type and what is being treated, dosing varies from 250-500mg per 10-20g with a water change before redosing. Redosing schedules vary per type/treatment and are every 24-48hrs. Its important to note that tetracycline is primarily a gram positive antibiotic while columnaris is gram negative bacteria. Tetracycline is also not effective at phs of 7.5 or higher. Do not mix pimafix/melafix (same thing) with other meds- before changing course of treatment, you need to remove the present med you are using. Not sure if this info helps but hopefully Aquasonic can provide some more details!

Thank you so much for all of your help! :) can you suggest a good med to treat this ill try and order online I went to 3 fish stores and that was the only antibiotic I could find here. I also want to order some medicated feed for parasites.

Also two of my neon tetras have a weird white round growth in the bottom lip and my german blue ram has a weird lump skin coloured clear lump growth on the side of its mouth I noticed aswell a few days ago. It seems to have gone down a bit so I'm not sure if its just a bump or a bruise or something more concerning. The neons haven't gone away that I can notice at all though. They still are acting healthy and eating. This is in my other tank so I treated both tanks with the bio-tet.

It sounds like theres a few issues going on here. Ok, I recall when we were trying to help MummaofTwo with her goldfish with septicemia that Aus has strict limits on fish meds. Any decent med requires a prescription from a vet and I am not sure what the legalities of importing meds are but I do remember the cost was quite high (assuming the med even made through customs). You can send her a msg and see whats available or maybe you live near her area and she can give her vets number. Worth a try!

One simple thing you start with (if all of your fish are salt tolerant) is to gradually increase the salinity to .1% (@1tsp/g or 3.8grams/g). If everyone handles this ok, you then can increase it further to .3% (@3tsp/g or 11.4grams/g). Heres a decent article on columnaris & its treatment- please ask if you have questions!

Columnaris (Flexibacteria) in Aquarium Fish; Fungus, Saprolegnia; Treatment, Prevention

Back
Top Bottom