Aqueon dual t5 bulb change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zimmanski

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone ever change the bulbs on the aqueon dual t5 fixture? I'm so frustrated I'm about to throw it out the window. Is there something I'm missing or do you have to have a tool to change them? I can't get my fingers in the fixture to turn the bulb

You have to be very careful. I've done it before but I can't remember exactly what I did. Make sure it's unplugged of course. I would try needle nose pliers on the metal parts at each end.

Ugh! I love this fixture because of the added light and its small and was cheap, but changing that bulb was a PITA. Oh well, thanks for the help, at least I don't have to worry about changing it that often

Ugh! I love this fixture because of the added light and its small and was cheap, but changing that bulb was a PITA. Oh well, thanks for the help, at least I don't have to worry about changing it that often

Well don't ever get HID metal halides. They are impossible to get out without pliers and often times they come apart and then you have to get the second piece out. If I remember right watch as you gently twist the bulb and if it's not turning go the other direction. When the ends line up with the slats it will just pull out. Yeah sounds easy but until you get the knack of doing it- it's a pain.

Back
Top Bottom