Are dwarf gourami safe to live with guppy's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lupejkis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two guppy's, 2 ghost shrimp, and an albino corry cat that I would like to add fish to. I was thinking about dwarf gourami. Any suggestions?

A dwarf gourami should be fine unless you have more than one. I have one in my peaceful community tank. The only time he fights is when my other gourami gets in his territory. My guppies are completely unharmed. You should be fine with that.

I have found conflicting information about the gourami being territorial and nipping guppy fins.

I have found conflicting information about the gourami being territorial and nipping guppy fins.

Hmm I've never heard that. My guppies seem perfectly fine with my gourami. But if you want to be safe I wouldn't put in a gourami.

I have 4 gouramis believe it or not in a 55g with guppies and red rosie feeder fish and they all mind their own so its all about the fishes personality I guess lol

Back
Top Bottom