are endlers feeder fish????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
today when i went to a fish store in search of ghost shrimp i saw in the feeder guppy tank some endlers. are endless feeder guppies???????????

They could be. They're livebearers just like guppies but IMO much prettier. I got my endlers out of the feeder guppy tank, they may not be pure endlers but they're beautiful none the less!

No!!!! Endlers are beautiful and can be quite pricey! They may be hybrids which somepeople consider feeders

The only place I have ever seen Endler's where I live is in the feeder guppy tank. I am guessing the ones I see are hybrids, but they certainly look like true Endler's. But there are only 2 petstores here, so my fish selection is not phenominal.

The only place I have ever seen Endler's where I live is in the feeder guppy tank. I am guessing the ones I see are hybrids, but they certainly look like true Endler's. But there are only 2 petstores here, so my fish selection is not phenominal.
Wow. Ask them if what they are. If they say Endlers ask them if they are hybrids and where they got them. My LFS gets hybrids from customers and sells them as feeders.

yeah i should have picked them but i didn't have the space. .25 for an endler though! thats cheap.

Wow. Ask them if what they are. If they say Endlers ask them if they are hybrids and where they got them. My LFS gets hybrids from customers and sells them as feeders.
I will ask the next time I am in there. I just assumed they wer hybrids because they are in the feeder tank, but who knows? I think maybe they get placed in feeder tanks since the females are so drab. So, maybe people do not want them because if you don't know what they are, you would think they were just dull guppies....... Just a guess.

They are most likely hybrids, since a feeder tank isn't really kept totally pure as far as fish lines go, I'm sure some guppies of some sort have been intermingled at some point.

Endlers make good feeders because they stay small.

Black bar endlers do have some demand but it's not very large.

They are most likely hybrids, since a feeder tank isn't really kept totally pure as far as fish lines go, I'm sure some guppies of some sort have been intermingled at some point.

Endlers make good feeders because they stay small.

Black bar endlers do have some demand but it's not very large.
There seems to be a huge demand for alot of endlers. Thats justr what I gathered I could be wrong

There seems to be a huge demand for alot of endlers. Thats justr what I gathered I could be wrong
Not positive, but I think that is just a few special color varieties. Sort of like how there is a demand for rare guppies, but not for your run of the mill yellow and orange.

I've sold a lot of black bar and some chili endlers and they do sell but there just isn't a huge demand because it only takes a few and in a couple months they are overrun and selling some also.

Not positive, but I think that is just a few special color varieties. Sort of like how there is a demand for rare guppies, but not for your run of the mill yellow and orange.
oh ok that make sense. Thats why my LFS only regularly carries the scarletts...

Back
Top Bottom