Are fertilisers harmful to shrimp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Owp

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, soon in about a month I’m thinking of adding some cherry shrimp to each of my two tanks but I was was wondering, is plant fertiliser harmful to shrimp? I use api leaf zone and dose weekly

You should be fine, leaf zone is just a trace mineral mix (also called micro nutrients). Many dose those or even more complex ferts with shrimp. The copper in ferts is really low, but if you are worried you could just use 1/2 the normal dose when you first get the shrimp. Watch to see they get along ok the increase to full dose after a week or two.

You should be fine, leaf zone is just a trace mineral mix (also called micro nutrients). Many dose those or even more complex ferts with shrimp. The copper in ferts is really low, but if you are worried you could just use 1/2 the normal dose when you first get the shrimp. Watch to see they get along ok the increase to full dose after a week or two.

Ok thanks for the help.

Shrimps are fine if you dose your fertz according to manufactures dosage method. In my shrimp tank I put micro and macro fertz but they are fine. Mine are Taiwan Bees which are very sensitive so no worries for you.

Back
Top Bottom