Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-03-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
Owp
Aquarium Advice Activist

Are fertilisers harmful to shrimp.

Hi, soon in about a month Iím thinking of adding some cherry shrimp to each of my two tanks but I was was wondering, is plant fertiliser harmful to shrimp? I use api leaf zone and dose weekly

Old 12-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

You should be fine, leaf zone is just a trace mineral mix (also called micro nutrients). Many dose those or even more complex ferts with shrimp. The copper in ferts is really low, but if you are worried you could just use 1/2 the normal dose when you first get the shrimp. Watch to see they get along ok the increase to full dose after a week or two.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
Owp
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman View Post
You should be fine, leaf zone is just a trace mineral mix (also called micro nutrients). Many dose those or even more complex ferts with shrimp. The copper in ferts is really low, but if you are worried you could just use 1/2 the normal dose when you first get the shrimp. Watch to see they get along ok the increase to full dose after a week or two.

Ok thanks for the help.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Shrimps are fine if you dose your fertz according to manufactures dosage method. In my shrimp tank I put micro and macro fertz but they are fine. Mine are Taiwan Bees which are very sensitive so no worries for you.

Tags
fert, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com