Are GBR or Bolivian Rams okay solo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, guess he's a GBR then, lol.

Haha, I'm jealous now, I want one! He's so petty. I'm thinking GBR because of the eyes and the sheen on the tail. The bolivians aren't sparkly, if that makes sense. I'm not 100% positive though.

Yay!!! Pictures!!! (yes... I'm very impatient!) it's one of my many talents... I'm also a good negotiator as well. Happy Easter!

Deckape said:
What was the price of this GBR or Bolivian?

He
He was like $6.99. I'm surprised they're so cheap...but that seems to be the going price everywhere I've looked.

If it is indeed a Blue...(which I'm pretty convinced he is now), he'll get a whole lot more colorful as he ages and becomes comfortable. I've read a lot more that just like any other fish...as long as the pH is stable and the temp isn't extreme, the GBR's are fine. As long as theyre tank raised and not wild caught, they're much more hardy than people think. As long as that's true...I'm definitely glad I went GBR (accidentally) and not Bolivian. The LFS had them for a month with a pH of 7.5 (like mine) and keep their tanks at the same temps as mine.

Hey, off topic real quick... in my email spam folder I've got 2 messages from "Michelle" and the subject is "A comment has been posted on Aquarium Advice". I haven't opened them. It isn't the same type of notifications I get about a thread or private message...anyone else gotten anything like that? Does this site ever get spamming or phishing (no pun intended) problems?

Yes they're fine solo. To answer the original question

eco23 said:
Hey, off topic real quick... in my email spam folder I've got 2 messages from "Michelle" and the subject is "A comment has been posted on Aquarium Advice". I haven't opened them. It isn't the same type of notifications I get about a thread or private message...anyone else gotten anything like that? Does this site ever get spamming or phishing (no pun intended) problems?

No haven't seen that

It ended up bing an alert that someone had responded to my cycling guide. It's published in the articles section as well as the thread. I guess they just notify you differently.

eco23 said:
It ended up bing an alert that someone had responded to my cycling guide. It's published in the articles section as well as the thread. I guess they just notify you differently.

To be published.....

MABJ said:
False alarm :p

I like your signature. Im always on my iPad. I always type to fast and the stupid autocorrect gets me. I always double tap space to make a period...but I end up hitting the N instead of space twice...so it looks like this n Haha.

Lmao. Yeah! I feel like a dummy when I make dumb little mistakes :p so I figured I'd put that in.

eco23 said:
Yeah, now I've just gotta sign the book deal...then sit back and collect the royalties, lol.

Wait a minute... You get paid!!!??? I wanna publish an article!!!

He didnt get paid for the article. I think hessaying if he wrote a book about it lol.

Back
Top Bottom