Are german blue rams aggrisive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danydanydany64

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am thinking of getting a blue German ram but I read its from the cichlid family does this mean their aggrissive

I'm not sure about GBRs but I have a Bolivian Ram and he's not very aggressive. My official label for him is Simi-agressive because he's recently started this thing where he picks on my Cory cats every now and then. I have never seen him do any damage though. I'm not too sure but I think the temperament for the GBRs are generally the same as the Bolivian Rams.

Hope this helped. :)

If you get a male/female breeding pair and they have eggs, then they can become territorial. I've never kept these type of rams, I have a male Bolivian. Personally, I wouldn't call it 'aggressive' just attitude.

I have one male and he is so sweet. He waits for me every morning for his tubeflex worms. I smush them on the side of the tank and he enjoys them and shares them. I don't have experience with female and male. Good luck!

I have 1 male in my community 55g. He gets along great with everyone but my shrimp. I catch him trying to hunt the juvenile shrimp all the time. Other than that he gets along great with all my other fish.

Ram in general stay more peaceful when kept singly. If you keep a pair they tend to be more tolerant of tank mates if there is a lot of plants and hiding spots like DW. They are considered semi-aggressive but if kept in the properly set up tank they make wonderful additions to a community. I keep two pairs in my 100% planted 220g.

I have a pair and their not really aggressive at all. They even let the clown loach come eat right under them. Every now and them the male will dart after someone who gets to close to his woman, but like many other posters say, it's more like a bluff, they don't nip.

Discus should really be kept alone. But yeah rams aren't aggressive, only when breeding. Once in a while they will dart at other fish but that's just a "I'm the boss" act. Also, a pair of rams can become lethal to other rams in the tank. But overall not aggressive fish

Back
Top Bottom