Are LEGOs aquarium safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leafyseadragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had this small LEGO motorboat which my sister got from a Happy Meal sitting on my desk for years. Then I thought: this would look cool half buried in the sand like a shipwreck!

There are no metal parts like prop axles attached to the plastic which might corrode, as least far as I can tell it's all plastic. So if I clean the bricks thoroughly, is this safe to put in my tank?

I'd say if you clean it very well (without soap) that you shouldn't have a problem. Just make sure you clean all the nuk and crannies of it.

They should be ok. Remember little kids stick lego's in their mouths all the time, and the only issue is a choking hazzard. As long as you don't have a large oscar in there, it should be fine.

malkore said:
They should be ok. Remember little kids stick lego's in their mouths all the time

That's the first thing I thought too!

Have fun getting the legos to sink! :twisted: You'll probably have to take the ship apart and reassemble it underwater so there's no air trapped in the hollow bricks.

LMAO @ THIS THREAD !!!!
haha if u wash it it will be fine,
just remember that the algea will grow inbetween everything, so in a few months time you'll pretty much either need to throw it away or painstakingly clean every piece inside and out.

Since I have corys in the tank, it should be interesting. I plan of burying the boat in the sand. Of course the corys have a habit of digging everything in the tank...

:)

Back
Top Bottom