Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-12-2006, 02:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

are mollies compatible with angels???

Balloon mollies look really cool !!
I have a 30 gallon tall.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:14 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

You could probably do it but Mollies generally do better with alittle salt in the tank where as Angels probbaly wouldnt handle salt to good.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:53 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SerLunchbox Send a message via AIM to SerLunchbox Send a message via MSN to SerLunchbox Send a message via Yahoo to SerLunchbox
Well, in a 30 gallon it really depends on your ratio and number of angels to mollies.

Angels, in all reality and a perfect aquarium, do require about 10 gallons to themselves. Now if you happen to have multiple angels and some happen to pair off, then that one pair has a greater chance of causing a lot of havoc in that tank and will claim it for themselves.

Angels and mollies CAN go together, but i personally wouldn't do it myself. I say this because when i have kept mollies together with angels, i have always found that the mollies picked on the angels when they were young and they shredded the finnage on the angels.

As i said, its a possible matchup but with caution.

Tankless ... for now ... until i find what i really want (and what the wife lets me get!)
SerLunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel, angels, compatible, mollies

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com