Are Neon Green Rasboras fin nippers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmm226

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm looking into getting some microdevario kubotai for my 40 gallon iwagumi and I am wondering if they will nip my Betta's long fins or if the betta will eat them. I had a betta in the past who got bloated so I fasted her for a couple of days before feeding her peas. In that process she
attacked and killed 2 Phoenix rasboras but I'm still unsure if it was from aggression or if she was just hungry because she was rather new to that tank (only a week or so). Can someone please answer me. :thanks:

Attachments

• VIDEO0134_0000023209.jpg
    VIDEO0134_0000023209.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 99
It's very possible they could be a snack for Betta, actually if your Betta has a history it's very probable they will be.
Bettas are sometimes referred to as Siamese fighting fish [emoji6] , hard to breed that out, some Betta's allow others to occupy there tank....many do not.

The Betta that had eaten the 2 Phoenix rasboras was my last Betta and I have another question. Will the neon green rasboras survive in high ph if I float and drip acclimate them?

Attachments

• IMAG0274.jpg
    IMAG0274.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 62
Should survive, have always wanted some of those myself so I'm not positive. Are they tank raised?, if so should be used to higher ph. I would research their ideal ph, and gh/kh requirements to be sure.

Reread you thread... oops 40 gallon, that would help their chances for survival.

Back
Top Bottom