Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Tifta
Are sea monkeys the same as brine shrimp?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I was just curious. If they are, can I get a package of them and feed them to my fish? If not where can I get some live brine shrimp for a good price? And are they really good to give to fish?

Tifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes they are the same thing.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

As said, yes they are the same. If you are purchasing a package I will assume that you are purchasing eggs, whether they are decapsulated or not. Those would have to be hatched and do provide a good source of protein; however, adult brine shrimp are quite the opposite unless you enrich them. Try brineshrimpdirect.com or just about any lfs should carry adult brine you can enrich. I would not consider brine, enriched or not, as part of a staple diet.

Tags
brine shrimp, rim, sea, sea monkeys, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com