Are there any plastic floating plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platybreeder26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need to know if there are any floating plastic plants? I want to use plastic plants, but alot of my fish need floating plants for shelter. Are there any that are plastic or silk?/I heard of using turtle lily pads. But I have to do more research first.

Yea, I agree with Ruby. Why not some simple live plants? Cost about the same and you can get a lot more out of them than plastic plants. Anacharis is great for floating, and so is duckweed. I would choose live over fake any day. They look a lot better too IMO

Yea, I agree with Ruby. Why not some simple live plants? Cost about the same and you can get a lot more out of them than plastic plants. Anacharis is great for floating, and so is duckweed. I would choose live over fake any day. They look a lot better too IMO

Careful with duck weed, I've heard it be called the herpes of aquariums more than once...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Doesn't duck weed just end up getting all over the place? It looks kinda messy imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Anyways I think there is a specific type of plastic plant that is meant to float. I've seen it before. And I don't like to mess with real plants either. I like caring for fish not a garden lol. But real plants definitely look nicer. You can't beat that. Silk plants look as close to real as you can get. Let me see if I can find the link to the one I'm talking about. If you Google "fake floating aquarium plants" you can find a lot more. I even saw fake duckweed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why not get hornwort? It's a good live plant and requires almost no care. It's next to impossible to kill it if acclimated correctly and if you want to keep it in one spot just get some 1lb fishing line and tie it in one spot. Lots of bacteria that fish love to eat grows on it any herbivores fish are unlikely to eat it all because it grows so fast. If it gets too big cut it in half and donate to your lfs or get credit for it if they're nice enough to do that. I used to keep it in my 10g Betta rand and he loved swimming through it as well as my mollies in my 55g

Keep calm and drum on

Attachments

• 1436825811312.jpg
    1436825811312.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 1436825847878.jpg
    1436825847878.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 113
Back
Top Bottom