Are these cories the same species?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satyricon553

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought 5 cories when I started cycling my tank. They were all the same size. This was around month ago.

Yesterday, I bought another one to bump up the group to 6. They didn't have any that were the same size as the ones I bought previously. They only had one and it was much bigger than the ones in my tank. Due to their peaceful nature, I thought it would be fine to get it even though s/he was much larger.

It got me thinking that it might be a different species and was mislabeled. It gets along with the ones I already had so I don't think it's a problem. Attached are pictures. The first 2 are of the smaller ones. The second 2 are of the new big one. Do they look like the same species? Also, should I expect the other 5 to catch up in size eventually?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 75
  • photo copy.jpg
    photo copy.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 67
  • photo copy 2.jpg
    photo copy 2.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 62
  • photo copy 3.jpg
    photo copy 3.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 68
The larger one looks like a juli to me, and the markings on your other cories would indicate they are different but I'm not sure. They should all get on I have three different types in my tank and they all get on fantastically!

Thanks.

There were labeled as Agassizi. It was in a tank separate from julis, but I don't know enough to tell the differences.

Just googled them and the first ones could be those. I know juli's are rather large. Try looking online as you know what they look like better lol

Back
Top Bottom