Are these deformed and will they live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noviceafter2yea

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Sorry, I don't know where to post this. I have 3 week old platy fry. Two seem to be,strangely shaped. There is a whitish one that looks like it is curved upward and an orange one that has a major kink in its spine. Neither seems to be acting oddly. Do you think they will be okay?

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 112
They will probably be fine. They're just deformed. It happens with fry. Most people cull those out but I don't think they're in any danger of dying

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your Fry

Sorry, I don't know where to post this. I have 3 week old platy fry. Two seem to be,strangely shaped. There is a whitish one that looks like it is curved upward and an orange one that has a major kink in its spine. Neither seems to be acting oddly. Do you think they will be okay?

Thanks.

Hello Nov...

Livebearing fish have many fry and some have a stressful entrance. I've kept Guppies and Platys for a long time and I don't worry about the fry. I just keep the tank water pure and feed everybody regularly. The combination of lots of pure water and nourishment generally helps those that are a little different.

B

Back
Top Bottom