Are these fish ok together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHRIMP17

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I was wondering if these fish would be good together e.g pH, temp, community. I am open to other suggestions and ideas. the tank is 260 litres/68 us gallons/57 uk gallons
The fish I would like together are
Rainbow shark-already own
Bamboo shrimp-already own
Guppies-already own
Cardinals/neons
BGKF
Possibly platies
My tank has 0 ammonia 0 nitrites and 20 nitrates pH 7.5

Everything except the shark due to aggression. It will be ok for a little while but when it starts to mature it will get very territorial and probably make a meal out of some inhabitants.

Does BGKF = black ghost knife fish? If so, then that's a no. They can reach 18" (~45 cm) and it will not hesitate to swallow any smaller fish it happens to stumble across when it's roamin' around at night.

Other than that, maybe. My current rainbow shark is 'bout 6" (~15 cm) and chases anything with a similar shape in a 90 US gallon/340 liter tank. His tankmates are zebra danios, giant danios, roseline barbs, and zebra loaches; he chases the barbs any time one ventures too close to the cave/stump he claimed as his territory. On the other hand, he shares the area with the loaches and ignores them when they're nosin' 'round. I'd be concerned with the cardinals/neons, simply 'cuz they're bottom huggers and if he takes a dislikin' to 'em they won't be comfortable takin' to a higher level in the tank. They are also neither as fast nor as tough as the zebra danios I have, so the shark could possibly do some serious damage to one.

WYite

SHRIMP17 said:
Yes BGKF is a Black Ghost Knife Fish, well could the BGKF be swapped for an elephant nose fish? Thanks

I wouldn't keep an elephant nose with the shark as there will be problem,s with territories. I,ve had my elephant nose for 8mths & he hates anything at the bottom of his tank.

Yeah no to the BGK and the rest are fine.

Back
Top Bottom